The Fredericton SPCA could not exist without the support of our valued and dedicated volunteers. You bring a diversity of interests, knowledge, expertise and caring to our organization while working with, and for, the animals. We are pleased you have chosen to commit and donate such a very precious commodity to us – your time and talents.? And while we appreciate all you have to offer, we also want you as a volunteer to have a learning and growth experience in our organization.
Our Commitment to Volunteers
To provide a positive, rewarding personal?experience, and if desired,
To offer the opportunity to develop and/or use? professional skills that?can be officially recognized for?your?career portfolio.
The Fredericton SPCA has opportunities for volunteers in many areas of the shelter working for, and with, the animals.
Have allergies, or prefer to work in a position where contact with the animals is minimal to none? Volunteering for the animals is for you!
Are you looking to have a lot of contact with the animals? Volunteering with the animals is for you!
Please note that space is limited for the number of volunteers working directly with the animals?in the adoption centre at one time.? We ask that you fill out an application form and we will discuss with you during the interview process as to what is currently available?or how you can help in the meantime.? Volunteer opportunities for Marketing and Education are always available so please contact Karen@ tỉ lệ cược bóng đá www.thaievape.com or?education@ tỉ lệ cược bóng đá www.thaievape.com respectively?to apply.
Volunteering For the Animals
(Contact with the animals is low to none)
Adoption Center Host:First impressions are ever lasting. Our Hosts are the initial point of contact for the public walking through our doors and are key in providing information on our animals, programs and culture. If you truly enjoy working with people and are looking to gain customer service experience or already have experience in this area, this may be the role for you!
Humane Education: Working in the community and in the education system to promote animal welfare issues, animal safety and the role of the Fredericton SPCA. Working with the Education Co-ordinator, volunteers help with speaking engagements, presentations to schools and organizations, as well as educational displays and exhibits at events.
Fundraising Development: Assist in generating needed funds for the operation of the Fredericton SPCA and to bring attention to animal issues. The FSPCA organizes many annual and ongoing events to fundraise and promote animal welfare, such as Bark in the Park, silent auctions, Open Houses, Pet Photos and more. Volunteers are always needed to help raise funds, organize and run local special events.
?Volunteering With The Animals
(Contact with the animals is medium to high)
Cat Caregiver: Cat lovers please apply! The cats and kittens at the FSPCA need you to help care for them by providing clean cages, food, water, exercise and enrichment. Most importantly, assistance in finding their very own forever home!
Cat Companion: Cat lovers please apply! The cats and kittens at the FSPCA need you to help care for them by providing exercise, play time and enrichment and most importantly assistance in finding their very own forever home!
Dog Caregiver: Love dogs? ?The dogs and puppies at the FSPCA need you to help care for them by providing clean cages, food, water, exercise and enrichment. Most importantly, assistance in finding their very own forever home!
Dog Companion: Love dogs? ?The dogs and puppies at the FSPCA need you to help them by providing playtime, exercise and enrichment. Most importantly, assistance in finding their very own forever home!
What’s Next? Steps to becoming a FSPCA volunteer:
- Click here to download an application form.
- Once your application is completed please save it to your computer and email a copy to volunteer@tỉ lệ cược bóng đá www.thaievape.com
- In the next several days or weeks (depending on the time of your application) you will be invited by email to an orientation at the Fredericton SPCA Adoption Center. Orientation sessions are approximately one hour and will provide an overview of our organization. You will be given a tour of our facilities and gain a greater understanding of the critical role volunteers have in supporting our mission. This is a chance for you to further explore the ways in which you can be involved and to ask questions.
- Applicants who have attended an orientation session, and whose skills and interests match our current open volunteer positions, will be sent an invitation (through email) to an interview. This interview process provides an opportunity to ensure that volunteers are placed in programs that match their skills and interests ensuring that the needs of both the organization and volunteer are being met.
- After the interview, applicants’ personal references will be contacted.
- Selected applicants will be notified and sent a PDF version of our volunteer manual as well as a link to an online volunteer shift sign-up program called “Volunteer Spot”. At that link you will sign up for your first volunteer workshop specific to your area. You will also be sent a letter to take with you when you apply for your criminal record check – more information will be provided during the interview.
- During the first volunteer workshop you will learn the specifics of your position including the standard operation procedures (SOPs) you will be following, introduced to staff and volunteers, and shown where to find the tools and resources you will need for your position. You will also complete all paperwork including the FSPCA liability waiver and confidentiality forms. During the first volunteer workshop you will learn the specifics of your position including the standard operation procedures (SOPs) you will be following, introduced to staff and volunteers, and shown where to find the tools and resources you will need for your position. You will also complete all paperwork including the FSPCA liability waiver and confidentiality forms. You will be required to bring the following with you to the first workshop:
- A copy of the signed acknowledgement form that you have read the volunteer manual (found on the last page of the manual).
- An original copy of your criminal background check. We will make a photocopy for our records and will return the original to you.
- Next you will sign up for your second workshop using Volunteer Spot. The second workshop will pair you with a ‘buddy mentor’, a staff member or experienced volunteer. You will spend this time shadowing and learning on the job. This is a time to observe, ask questions and if comfortable start practicing what you’ve learned.
- After the second workshop you will use Volunteer Spot to sign up for a third workshop. During this final workshop you will again be paired with a mentor and will begin taking on more responsibilities of the task. You will have opportunities to receive and provide feedback about your performance.
- Congratulations, you’ve completed your initial volunteer orientation and training! Next you will use Volunteer Spot to sign up for your regular volunteer shifts.
- After 3 months of volunteering you will have an opportunity to sit down with the Volunteer Supervisor or Director for an evaluation. During the evaluation you will have an opportunity to receive and provide feedback about your performance of the volunteer position tasks.
- Along the way, during your first 3 months, there will be additional opportunities for providing feedback about our volunteer program and times to ‘check in’ with the Volunteer Supervisor or Director. You will also be sent any notifications about opportunities to sign up for additional learning opportunities including workshops and webinars. Please note that volunteer positions for fundraising and humane education will follow a slightly different format than the one outlined above. Volunteers for fundraising or education may be required to provide a CV or resume. The workshops will also likely follow a different schedule and format, as they will be more specific to these positions.
- For questions specific to volunteering with Fundraising please contact Karen McGeean, Director of Marketing and Development – Karen@tỉ lệ cược bóng đá www.thaievape.com
- For questions specific to volunteering with Education please contact: tỉ lệ cược bóng đá